Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I hear about you once in a while

I hear about you once in a while
Your name leaps at me as I leaf through pages
or as I scroll through the net
I stop my hand,
but it moves, clicks on the link nevertheless
My hand is a sadist,
or is it a masochist?

Every time I wake with a thud
and in those seconds,
as I try recall why
your face appears
You blend in with every bad dream I have

What if I come across you someday
What will I say
Will I smile
Will I run away
Will I feel the same as I did the day
I turned to find you gone
leaving a conversation hanging
a slice of my past, rigged
the warmth of memory, punctured

I believe you are happy
Some people tell me so
I don’t know what to make of it
I don’t know whether I wish you were
or wonder how you could be

All I feel is numbness
I feel it every time I hear your name

6 comments:

prajyot said...

well lovely peom....liked it a lot...

3inone said...

this one struck a chord...

Unknown said...

Wow did i say ? no wo.....after 5 minutes the ...w.came..clock kept ticking....missed my breakfast(may be doesn't matter as i do not get ghee pongal...here..)..ofcourse got delayed for office(no one asks)..missed..the mini-locals(thanks there are plenty)...my laptop started blinking low battery......such is the.. portrayal..but took some time off me .as i went back to ..1994 coimbatore X std my English teacher asked me what is poetry according to Wordsworth.." Spontaneous overflow of powerful..." ..now i think is this how it was for him ?.. OR finally..i left saying is this the way Robert Browning felt " stopping by woods "...though the last 4 lines of that are always in my mind...

Hi Renu.. .above thought is an appreciation to ur efforts on this.....WO(completed)W

rama srinivasan said...

errr
even if i dont read ur blogs, i will read the comments

Unknown said...

Rama , heard that u found it totally vague... will probably explain what i meant in a day or so ..no time to type now...OR may be u can leave a message on what is vague...as far as i am concerned i made a perfect appreciation thought to the author...but ur opinion welcome..not sure how the author found it...

Unknown said...

Hello fan Rama ..mailed you my description on this to your gmail