Monday, February 16, 2009

Greer and chaddis

I finally got it. While its symbolism was targetted at the RSS 'knickerdaaris' which is masculinist, The Pink Chaddi campaign rung some bell in my head -about underwear, feminism and women. Now I figure its Germaine Greer's The Madwoman's Underclothes'. Here is Greer

on underwear

'In Australia if you leave your room in a terrible mess, your mother says: 'Look at this room . . . it's like a madwoman's underclothes.'

on pubs

'When I first came to Sydney what I fell in love with was not the harbour or the gardens or anything else but a pub called The Royal George, or, more particularly with a group of people who used to go there every night … and sit there and talk…'

and for all those whose sense of decency and taste was offended by 'chaddi' talk

' The journey of woman's life defies order and good taste - if she is lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.